Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Flooding in the Pacific NW





As many of you may have heard and some of you even experienced, we had a major storm up here this week that pounded much of Oregon and Washington. In fact, it closed down I-5 which is the major north-south thoroughfare that goes all the way down into southern California. The pictures were taken by one of Chris' customers up in Centralia, which is right where the flooding on I-5 occurred. They don't think that I-5 will be open to traffic again until sometime late tomorrow or Friday. I heard this morning that they are calculating the financial impact (due to trucks not able to deliver their loads) at around $4MM per day. I've lived here for 18 years now and I can't remember anything quite like this. I am amazed at the power of the water and it's ability to push the concrete lane dividers around like they were made of plastic.

No comments: